Steps to Submit a QEP Proposal
1. Consider how your proposal meets the standards
UT Dallas' accrediting body SACSCOC has requirements that UT Dallas' QEP proposal must meet. You should consider these as you prepare your proposal. The requirements are specified in SACSCOC Core Requirement 2.12 and Comprehensive Standard 3.3.2, which are included below:
- Core Requirement 2.12
- “The institution has developed an acceptable Quality Enhancement Plan that includes an institutional process for identifying key issues emerging from institutional assessment and focuses on learning outcomes and/or the environment supporting student learning and accomplishing the mission of the institution. (Quality Enhancement Plan)”1
- Comprehensive Standard 3.3.2
- “The institution has developed a Quality Enhancement Plan that (1) demonstrates institutional capability for the initiation, implementation, and completion of the QEP; (2) includes broad-based involvement of institutional constituencies in the development and proposed implementation of the QEP; and (3) identifies goals and a plan to assess their achievement. (Quality Enhancement Plan)”2
2. Consider how your proposal relates to the University Mission
A strong proposal will support, enhance, and build upon the university mission. The university mission statement is included below:
“The University of Texas at Dallas provides the State of Texas and the nation with excellent, innovative education and research. The University is committed to graduating well-rounded citizens whose education has prepared them for rewarding lives and productive careers in a constantly changing world; to continually improving educational and research programs in the arts and sciences, engineering, and management; and to assisting the commercialization of intellectual capital generated by students, staff, and faculty.”
3. Select one of five nominated topics
The QEP committee has completed the open submission phase of the QEP topic selection process. Please consider proposing an idea that fits within one of the five selected topics:
- First-Year Experience Proposals under this topic may include programs to improve retention and success during and after students’ first year at UT Dallas.
- Communication Counts Proposals under this topic should address ways to improve students’ interpersonal skills and written and oral communication.
- Wellness Proposals under this topic may include programs to support the health of students’ minds, bodies, and social contributions with the goal of improving academic performance and overall lifelong health.
- Curricular Globalization Proposals for this topic should consider ways to enhance cross-cultural exchange and learning opportunities.
- Digital Learning: Innovation and Integration Proposals for this topic may include ideas for improving student learning through digital learning programs and initiatives.
4. Complete the QEP Proposal Form
Proposals are submitted for the QEP Topic Selection Committee’s consideration by filling out and submitting the QEP Proposal Form. This online form is 4 pages long and does not need to be completed in a single session. The form asks SEVEN questions - you may answer some or all of the questions in one to a few paragraphs each. Please review the EXAMPLE FORM (from UT Dallas' last QEP Project) to see what a completed submission contains.
5. Submit your proposal
Submitted proposals will will be reviewed by the QEP Topic Selection Committee. If your proposal is selected as the basis of our UT Dallas QEP, the committee will be in touch during the summer of 2016.